I introduced you the Tag 60 in May 2008. This luxury catamaran is now born, sailing fast and available for sea trials. I am copying the press release and I have included a slideshow of the first pictures. Check out the whale in front of the Tag 60, a good luck sign.
TAG 60 launched
The first TAG 60 was officially launched on October 2nd.
Designed by Greg Young and built by TAG yachts, it represents 3 years of design and development work to produce a cutting edge semi-production design.
It’s important to note that the TAG 60 is a very complete, high tech vessel and has some unique features:
- 100% carbon fibre construction. Vacuum consolidated and cooked.
- Rotating Carbon wing mast with composite rigging and halyard locks
- Carbon in boom furling
- Full hydraulic sailing systems including raising and lowering centreboards
- High Modulus cruising sails including a large Code zero and light air headsail tacked to the long bowsprit
- Custom painted and detailed to high standards in all areas
- Unique inside/outside layout to give one of the largest saloons seen on a vessel this size, yet able to be fully open to exterior as needed
- Perfect helm position for accurately viewing rig and sea for performance sailing and easy maneuvering.
- EMP designed and developed electric drive propulsion. This highly developed electrical system is extremly powerful, reliable, incredibly efficient and light years ahead of anything else yet seen
The first TAG 60 is currently undergoing sea trials in St Francis, South Africa and will sail via the Caribbean to debut at the 2011 Miami Boat show. Unusually this performance vessel features a sauna as the owner plans to cruise British Columbia up to Alaska.
- Amazing inside navigation area with full views forwardFor further information please contact Greg Young Phone : +64 214 860 69