On the 12 July 2011, Outremer Yachting proceeded with the stripping of the Outremer 5X out of its mould outside their workshop.It revealed two superb hulls and a bridgedeck, which augur well for the future.
This high performance ocean cruising catamaran is a fast and powerful safe yacht. Her flowing, quite modern lines reveal great lineage. Indeed, the shipyard called upon the most competent workforce in each field for the design of the Outremer 5X:
- VPLP, the world leading designer of racing and cruising multihulls were responsible for drawing the plans.
- Michel Desjoyaux's input, through his Mer Forte consulting office, was the design of a high performance and functional deck layout, suitable for short-handed sailing.
- Franck Darnet Design, creator of the Outremer 49 and of the entire Allures range, designed the interior.
The interior is clean, elegant and smart. The furniture is painted white to enhance the beauty of the walnut woodwork. On the owners' version, the port hull suite includes a king size bed (2 x 2 metres), a superb view over the sea and an office. A 4-cabines version and an owners' version with crew cabin are also available.
- Patrick Le Quément, former director of the Renault design office, was consulted to match the boat design for purpose.
The flagship of the Outremer range will be launched in December 2011.
Recent achievements of VPLP - www.vplp.fr
- 2011 - Maxi Banque Populaire V – SNSM record
- 2011 - Gitana 11 – Round Belle-Île record
- 2011 - Virbac Paprec – Winner of the Barcelona World Race
- 2010 – Groupama 3 – Winner of the Route du Rhum
- 2010 – Groupama 3 – Jules Vernes Trophy Record
- 2010 – BMW – Oracle – Winner of the America's Cup
- Mer Forte: Michel Desjoyaux - www.merforte.com
- Patrick Le Quément - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Le_Qu%C3%A9ment
- Franck Darnet Design - www.franck-darnet-design.com
August 1, 2011
THE OUTREMER 5X IS TAKING SHAPE