June 23, 2009

CANNES BOAT SHOW SPECIAL

The sun is now shining in France, even in Brittany, and we are getting close to September and the Cannes and Monaco Boat Shows. I did a quick check at the Festival International de la Plaisance de Cannes website to see what you will find in terms of luxury catamarans. The list of exhibitors is very short, I hope it has not been updated, I will do a check in August to complete this post.



CATLANTECH

Catlantech will introduce the CATLANTE 600, a 60 foot catamaran, built by the Catlantech shipyard in Lorient (France). The interesting, yet I am wondering how they are doing that, feature of the CATLANTE 600 is that they offer 9 different version, from charter to owner, both sail and motor trawler type.




WINDPEARL YACHTS

First time I hear of this company located in Paris. They are the builders of luxury sailing yachts including a FastCat 60 designed by Marc Lombard. I couldn't access their website so I found more information on Marc Lombard's website. I hope I am writing about the same cats. If you know more let me know.



VPLP

Of course the world most famous multihull designer office will be at the show to present I guess many of their design including the VPLP 110 being actually built at the JFA shipyard.



NOAH ALUMARINE

Alumarine, the builder of the largest sailing catamaran Douce France will introduce the NOAH range of motor trawler catamaran with their amazing design. The shipyard will introduce three different sizes a 69, a 76 and an 88. I really like the design of these elegant catamarans. I already wrote a post about the range if you want to see more details.







SUNREEF YACHTS

Of course SUNREEF will there again and strong with three units afloat : the last SUNREEF 70 POWER "SEA BASS", the SUNREEF 70 sailing "SEAZEN II" and the SUNREEF 62 "TAHAA II" with an extravagant design.
At this occasion SUNREEF YACHTS which enlarges its activities and is actually building new production facilities will introduce a new range of monohulls motor yachts the Blue Reef Yachts and a new in house section CYS International dedicated to building one off projects from external designers and clients.

No comments: