The ML Power 70' is a fast cruising catamaran (20/25 knots) actually being developed by the design office. The characteristics of this project may slightly change over time. A few shipyards are strongly interested in this project.
The hulls will be built either by composite infusion, or in Aluminium (Alustar or Sealium), or in wood/epoxy, the Marc Lombard design having a great experience in this field. The superstructures will be in infused composite.
The exterior design is simple and innovative with as many integrated elements and refined materials as possible:
- carbon handrail all aroung the yacht and on the flybdrige
- fully integrated teak deck : transom, cockpit, foredeck and flybridge
- "aerial" stairs to the flybridge (teak and carbon)
- high quality sliding windows to the salon
- integrated waterproof lateral doors
- contemporary interior and exterior furniture design made in wood sandwich to increase performance
- many comfort equipments (ac, top of the range sound system, ambiance lighting, wifi...)
Two versions are offered : "cruiser" (3 guests and 1 owner cabin, 4 crew members) and "lounge" specially designed for Asian clients wishing to buy a reception only yacht.
The ML POWER 70 is powered either with a shaft (2 x 620 hp up to 2 x 900 hp), or with a Volvo 900 hp IPS (2 x 900 hp) with a maximum speed of 25 knots.
The CFD studies have been started.
Here is a video of the the ML Power 70.